With Grapes from California, Healthy is Easy
As a retail dietitian, we know your job is multi-faceted and pulls you in many directions. From leading classes to store tours to in-store diet consultations with customers to writing content for articles, newsletters, websites and more – your need for useful information is critical. And we are here to help, with the following resources available for your use:
- Retail Dietitian Toolkit: this compilation of usable content and activities for your outreach to your customers includes a creative TV segment and store demo ideas, recipes and ready-made copy for newsletters, blogs and social media, a photo guide and more.
- Healthy Eating Fact Sheets: colorful fact sheets that can be emailed or copied and shared with your customers on site.
- Recipes and Photography: browse our recipe database for great grape usage ideas.
- Health Research: peruse the latest on grape and health research.
- Recipe Demo Videos from Your Fellow RDs: check out what your fellow RDs are doing with grapes, and feel free to use these great recipe ideas with your customers.
Grapes from California are available mid-May through January, making them a very convenient and accessible fruit for consumers most of the year. The best part? Grapes taste great and are naturally good for us too. Heart-Healthy grapes are a natural source of antioxidants and other polyphenols. Polyphenols are found in grapes of all colors, and in every part of the grape: the skin, the flesh and the seeds.
- Three-quarters of consumers say that they make an effort to eat disease-fighting foods.i
- 87% of U.S. shoppers agree that fresh grapes are good for you, and that they contain natural
compounds that may help promote health.ii
The goodness of grapes can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere: as a super snack, as an ingredient in a tasty dish, at home or on the go. Juicy and hydrating, and a natural source of antioxidants and other polyphenols, healthy eating is easier with fresh Grapes from California.
Recipes and Photography – Our extensive recipe database is available for your use, as well as the corresponding photography. In addition to our recipe photos, we have numerous beauty shots of grapes that you are welcome to use. Browse the Tasty Ideas recipe section here and for beauty shots just email us at email@example.com and tell us what you are looking for – we will help you get what you need.
Health Research – You already know that grapes are a natural source of antioxidants and other polyphenols. Consuming grapes appears to promote antioxidant activity and influence biological processes that support overall health. Specifically, research indicates that grape polyphenols contribute to a healthy heart. Additionally, research is ongoing in the areas of eye health, brain health, joint health and more.
Grape Resource Materials for the Retail RD – Our goal is to provide you with useful information about Grapes from California that will help support your consumer education efforts. Check here for the latest information on California grapes.
For more details on grapes and health you can go to our health research section and learn more about research being conducted on grapes and health.
i California Table Grape Commission: U.S. and Canada Attitude and Usage Survey, 2013.